What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a popular choice for many teens and adults who are seeking to have straight teeth and a beautiful smile. If you are looking for a bright smile without the distraction of braces, Invisalign is the option for you.
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners that are worn a couple of weeks each. The aligner trays are manufactured specifically for you through the use of 3-D computer imaging technology. Your teeth will slowly be straightened and you will never have a wire or bracket in your mouth.
Invisalign has several major advantages over the use of braces:
- Invisalign is more comfortable than braces. The wires and brackets of braces tend to chafe at the inside of the mouth. The plastic aligner trays of Invisalign are smooth and will not poke at the inside of your mouth, lips, and gums.
- Invisalign works more quickly than braces. While braces often last for two years, the Invisalign treatment usually lasts between 9-15 months.
- Invisalign is more visually appealing than braces since their trays are transparent. They are nearly undetectable and very few people will ever realize that you have them on.
- Invisalign has fewer food restrictions than braces. While there is a long list of prohibited foods for those wearing braces, there is no such list for the users of Invisalign. The trays are easily removed for eating, so the need for restrictions does not exist.
- Invisalign makes oral hygiene much easier than with braces. Brushing and flossing around metal wires and brackets can be a real chore. Since the aligner trays are so easily removed, you can carry out the same oral hygiene routine that you have always done.
- I have a fear of needles, and due to that, I had let the condition of my teeth and mouth deteriorate. Thanks to the patience and gentle care of Dr. Shelly and his staff, I was able to have my teeth put back into great condition. Several long procedures were performed with sedation dentistry. During these procedures, I had no discomfort or pain. I am now a firm believer in sedation dentistry and Dr. Shelly in particular. I would recommend Dr. Shelly and his staff to anyone.
- I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. Lee & Dr. Fort for taking the time to provide the care I needed on such short notice yesterday to get me in for the root canal. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! For the first time in over a week, I had a great night's sleep last night! As with all of the staff and three doctors, I am so glad you are all such caring, pleasant, professional people to deal with on a consistent basis. Thank you!
- I would like to thank your practice for providing excellent service. I received a free exam and x-rays from Dr. Fort and was pleased with the attention, detail and courteous behavior. I think the free exam is a great way to attract clients. Not only that, but the questionnaire regarding any concerns or uncomfortable issues for the patient was appreciated. I had not been to the dentist in many years, and these services made my visit easy. Your office is to be commended for its “bedside manner” – so many health professionals lack that.
- Just a short note to thank everyone for the wonderful, patient, and caring treatment I received at your office. My anxiety level was sky high when I arranged to have the extensive dental work done; no one could have been more afraid than I was, but you all made it easy for me and thanks to the sedation help, I breezed through it. Many, many thanks to all! P.S. I’m really enjoying having a mouthful of beautiful teeth and chewing is a pleasure!
- I just wanted to thank you for the movie tickets and for giving my wife such great treatment. I never expected to be rewarded for bugging my wife to get to the dentist. She loves you guys (as I told her for years that she would) and is glad she finally came in. See you again in a couple of months. Take care.
- I want to thank you for all the great work you have done with the braces and crowns. You do the best work I have seen and it is always a pleasure to come into the office. Your entire staff makes me feel welcome every time I come though the front door. Keep the great team work up. You are all the ‘Best.’