If you fear or dislike going to the dentist, your life could be changed by simply reading this. Sedation dentistry is changing the way many people get their dental care. No longer will you need to be tense or uncomfortable during dental work. The magic of this unmatched comfort is in a little blue pill.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Who is a candidate for sedation surgery?
People fear the dentist for many reasons. Perhaps they had a bad experience as a child. Many people have difficulty getting numb and get frustrated when the dentist doesn’t believe them. Some people hate the shots and needles as well as the noises,
Other types of patients that benefit from Sedation Dentistry are people who need a large amount of dental work. They may have busy schedules that prevent many short visits. Patients also find that the level of post-treatment soreness is greatly reduced by Sedation. Many patients having cosmetic treatment opt to have sedation because the visits can be quite long. Imagine waking up to a brand new, beautiful smile.
Experience and Qualifications
Dr. Fort received his training at the Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) in Portland, Oregon. OHSU is Oregon’s premier health and research university dedicated to patient care, education, research and community service. While there, he completed a mini-residency in Parenteral Conscious Sedation that consisted of over 100 hours of continuing education in anesthesia, pain control and oral conscious sedation sponsored by the Oregon Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Fort also maintains his Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and is confident in providing the utmost in dental care in a safe and compassionate manner.
Dr. Shelly received his training through the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedations (DOCS) and the American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia in Dentistry (ASAAD). With well over 200 hours of sedation training (80 hours hospital-based training) and an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, he is prepared to maintain a great level of safety for his patients. All patients are given a complete medical history review and monitored during treatment to ensure their comfort and safety.
On a Personal Note
Since the practice started doing Sedation Dentistry over Fifteen years ago, we have been able to provide dental care to hundreds of patients who were not receiving care mostly due to high fear. It has been rewarding to help these people go from a life of pain and discomfort to a life where they can smile with pride and eat and chew without concern.
If Sedation Dentistry is something you feel you can benefit from, we want to extend a personal invitation to come in for a free sedation consultation and a full mouth series of X-rays – a diagnostic tool necessary for evaluating your dental treatment. The staff here looks forward to answering any questions you may have and looks forward to helping you wipe away your fears and discomforts.
- I have a fear of needles, and due to that, I had let the condition of my teeth and mouth deteriorate. Thanks to the patience and gentle care of Dr. Shelly and his staff, I was able to have my teeth put back into great condition. Several long procedures were performed with sedation dentistry. During these procedures, I had no discomfort or pain. I am now a firm believer in sedation dentistry and Dr. Shelly in particular. I would recommend Dr. Shelly and his staff to anyone.
- I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. Lee & Dr. Fort for taking the time to provide the care I needed on such short notice yesterday to get me in for the root canal. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! For the first time in over a week, I had a great night's sleep last night! As with all of the staff and three doctors, I am so glad you are all such caring, pleasant, professional people to deal with on a consistent basis. Thank you!
- I would like to thank your practice for providing excellent service. I received a free exam and x-rays from Dr. Fort and was pleased with the attention, detail and courteous behavior. I think the free exam is a great way to attract clients. Not only that, but the questionnaire regarding any concerns or uncomfortable issues for the patient was appreciated. I had not been to the dentist in many years, and these services made my visit easy. Your office is to be commended for its “bedside manner” – so many health professionals lack that.
- Just a short note to thank everyone for the wonderful, patient, and caring treatment I received at your office. My anxiety level was sky high when I arranged to have the extensive dental work done; no one could have been more afraid than I was, but you all made it easy for me and thanks to the sedation help, I breezed through it. Many, many thanks to all! P.S. I’m really enjoying having a mouthful of beautiful teeth and chewing is a pleasure!
- I just wanted to thank you for the movie tickets and for giving my wife such great treatment. I never expected to be rewarded for bugging my wife to get to the dentist. She loves you guys (as I told her for years that she would) and is glad she finally came in. See you again in a couple of months. Take care.
- I want to thank you for all the great work you have done with the braces and crowns. You do the best work I have seen and it is always a pleasure to come into the office. Your entire staff makes me feel welcome every time I come though the front door. Keep the great team work up. You are all the ‘Best.’