Professional Teeth Whitening
As our culture has become more and more visually oriented, teeth whitening has become a popular way to make a dazzling white smile. No one can argue that first impressions are powerful, so it is definitely an advantage to be able to smile and talk without hesitation in business and social situations. The whitening process is conducted by bleaching the teeth with the goal of whitening stained or dull teeth.
Those wishing to brighten their smile have two main options available that will produce good results:
A professional teeth whitening treatment in the office
This option has the advantage of immediate results. Also, knowing that the work has been professionally done can be reassuring to many. The treatment begins by placing a protective gel on the gums in order to protect the soft tissue. Another gel is applied directly to the teeth and is light activated. The whitening agent in the solution is enhanced by the use of a laser. Your dentist will also make impressions of your teeth so that you he can send you home with custom trays for at-home follow up. This professional option will give you the strongest and most immediate results. You will definitely see immediate improvement in the brightness of your smile. This improvement should be dramatic and should last for many years.
At-home tray whitening
This is less expensive and can be carried out by the patient. However, it is most effective when directions are specifically followed and monitored by your dentist. Impressions of your teeth will be taken by your dentist so that customized trays can be made for you. You will put these trays on your teeth for 30-60 minutes at a time for the most effective outcome. You can maintain the brightness of your smile by occasional touch-up treatments.
In some cases, more thorough and expensive treatments may be necessary in order to effectively brighten your smile; however, teeth whitening treatments are a great place to start. The cost is reasonable, and it is definitely a wonderful first step to take if you are looking to improve the aesthetic and brightness of your smile.
- I have a fear of needles, and due to that, I had let the condition of my teeth and mouth deteriorate. Thanks to the patience and gentle care of Dr. Shelly and his staff, I was able to have my teeth put back into great condition. Several long procedures were performed with sedation dentistry. During these procedures, I had no discomfort or pain. I am now a firm believer in sedation dentistry and Dr. Shelly in particular. I would recommend Dr. Shelly and his staff to anyone.
- I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. Lee & Dr. Fort for taking the time to provide the care I needed on such short notice yesterday to get me in for the root canal. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! For the first time in over a week, I had a great night's sleep last night! As with all of the staff and three doctors, I am so glad you are all such caring, pleasant, professional people to deal with on a consistent basis. Thank you!
- I would like to thank your practice for providing excellent service. I received a free exam and x-rays from Dr. Fort and was pleased with the attention, detail and courteous behavior. I think the free exam is a great way to attract clients. Not only that, but the questionnaire regarding any concerns or uncomfortable issues for the patient was appreciated. I had not been to the dentist in many years, and these services made my visit easy. Your office is to be commended for its “bedside manner” – so many health professionals lack that.
- Just a short note to thank everyone for the wonderful, patient, and caring treatment I received at your office. My anxiety level was sky high when I arranged to have the extensive dental work done; no one could have been more afraid than I was, but you all made it easy for me and thanks to the sedation help, I breezed through it. Many, many thanks to all! P.S. I’m really enjoying having a mouthful of beautiful teeth and chewing is a pleasure!
- I just wanted to thank you for the movie tickets and for giving my wife such great treatment. I never expected to be rewarded for bugging my wife to get to the dentist. She loves you guys (as I told her for years that she would) and is glad she finally came in. See you again in a couple of months. Take care.
- I want to thank you for all the great work you have done with the braces and crowns. You do the best work I have seen and it is always a pleasure to come into the office. Your entire staff makes me feel welcome every time I come though the front door. Keep the great team work up. You are all the ‘Best.’